Buddhism in the National Capital of Canada
Welcome to the Buddhism site for the National Capital of Canada, one of the first ever sites on Buddhism. This site contains information about local activities in Ottawa and the region as well as more links to sites around the world. Please feel free to send me comments/suggestions.
New (July '08): check out my new blog.
This document is maintained by André Vellino
Local Maintained Information
- An Overview of Buddhism by Mike Butler (long-ish article, 18K)
- A Hypertext Guide to basic Buddhist teachings
- Meditation Instructions on awareness of breathing, the foundations of mindfulness and kindness.
- The Five Mindfulness Trainings by Thich Nhat Hahn
- The Dharmapada: verses of Buddhist wisdom.
- Photographs of renouned Buddhist teachers
- Answers to frequently Asked Questions on Buddhism and meditation
- Recommended Books
- Glossary of Buddhist Terms
Local Groups and Retreats
- Ottawa Pagoda Sangha
- Ottawa Buddhist Society
- True North Insight
- Buddhist groups in Ottawa
- Buddhism in Canada
Human Rights in Buddhist Countries
OnLine Buddhist Publications
- Theravada Text Archives has translations of the Tripitka
- Forest Sangha Newsletter from Amaravati Monastery
- Tricycle Magazine
- Journal of Buddhist Ethics
- Dharma Seed Tape Library
Buddhist Publishing Houses
Excellent Buddhist Sites...
...And Practice Centres
Started March 1994. Last modified, Octobers 2007
Hosted By The National Capital FreeNet